Although the very stubborn high pressure area will begin to crack down and allow moisture to finally move in across FL and the rest of the southeastern US, the very strong area of low pressure across the central and northern plains will have no effect precipitation wise in the SE. Moisture will be funneling in from the Caribbean and an upper level trough coming in from the SW. Temps will be remaining very warm for the next day or two until this moisture moves in on Friday.
- NHC Atlantic Outlook Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
- No current storm in NHC Atlantic Wallet 1 Friday, December 14th, 2018No current storm in NHC AT1 as of Fri, 14 Dec 2018 17:00:34 GMT
- No current storm in NHC Atlantic Wallet 1 Friday, December 14th, 2018
Eyewall Replacement Cycle -- As strong hurricanes, typhoons, or cyclones intensify or hold steady, they can often replace the strongest region of winds and heaviest rains called the eyewall. This happens, usually in major hurricanes, when subsidence begins or intensifies outside of the eyewall OR a stronger band of storms forms outside of the main eyewall and feeds into the center of the system. Generally the effect is a weakening of the system at least temporarily. The hurricane also usually expands during this process. Cycles typically last 12-18 hours including the contraction process. The inner eyewall may dissipated in less than 12 hours after the outer eyewall forms.
- Follow Eye on Weather on WordPress.com
- My Tweets
Recent wx events:
- Severe Weather Review: January 17th, 2016
- Hurricane Joaquin Sets Its Eye on Bermuda: Unconfirmed Reports of Fatalities in the Bahamas Beginning to Surface
- Joaquin Relinquishing Control of the Bahamas at an Agonizingly Slow Speed. Hurricane to Begin Accelerating Overnight
- Category 4 Hurricane Joaquin Likely Causing Significant Damage in the Central Bahamas: A Look at US Impacts and the Weekend Ahead
- Potentially Large Impacts to the Bahamas and the US: Hurricane Joaquin Continues to Strengthen
- Weather Reconnaissance Flights Plan of the Day Friday, December 14th, 2018